Spring 2023 Future Faculty programming
Check out these teaching development resources for graduate students and postdocs in Spring 2023!
- New TAs should complete the 7 required asynchronous TA Orientation Canvas modules by Friday, January 13. On Wednesday, January 18th, the optional virtual TA Orientation Panel Discussion featuring experienced TAs will further help new TAs prepare for their roles.
- The Tech to Teaching certificate program helps prepare graduate students and postdocs for faculty positions in higher education. New members can complete the interest form to join and submit a permit request to join spring semester CTL courses.
- Postdocs interested in expanding their teaching development are invited to participate in Tech to Teaching for Post-docs a semester-long seminar designed exclusively for postdocs (registration coming soon!).
- Our Teaching Workshop series will feature workshops on student motivation, inclusive teaching, evidence-based teaching practices, and classroom assessment techniques. In addition, the spring Future Faculty Job Search Academy will feature in-person workshops focused on preparing graduate students and postdocs for interviews and job talk presentations on the academic job market.
We also offer specific programming for international students!
- The International TAs program offers networking and support for ITAs through workshops, meet-ups and courses. ITAs are invited to register for a 2-credit course, CETL 8802: International TA Development, which is designed to increase awareness of communication strategies for non-native speakers and academic cultural norms of the US classroom (register on Oscar).
- The Language Institute teaches CETL classes on academic writing (CETL 8723) and presentation skills (CETL 8796) for international students (register on Oscar).
Finally, we hope you will save the date for our annual TA and Future Faculty Awards Day to be held in person on Wednesday, April 19 from 4:30 p.m. to 6:00 p.m. in the Exhibition Hall. At this annual event we recognize graduate students and postdocs who earned CIRTL and Tech to Teaching certificates as well as the school-level and Institute-wide TAs of the Year.
We look forward to your participation in our spring 2023 programming for graduate students and postdocs!