Congratulations to the 2023 CTL Faculty Teaching Award Winners!
The Center for Teaching and Learning congratulates our colleagues who have won teaching awards this year! All winners were nominated by a colleague and selected by a committee of their peers in recognition of their exemplary efforts in teaching. Each winner also prepared packets including additional letters of nomination, evidence of teaching effectiveness and statements of teaching philosophy.
- CTL/BP Junior Faculty Teaching Excellence Award:
- Anton Bernshteyn, Assistant Professor, Mathematics
- Saad Bhamla, Chemical and Biomolecular Engineering
- Gongjie Li, Assistant Professor, Physics
- Curriculum Innovation Award:
- Tatiana Rudchenko, Senior Lecturer, Scheller College of Business
- Faculty Award for Academic Outreach:
- Richard Simmons, Senior Research Engineer, Supply Chain and Logistics Institute
- Geoffrey G. Eichholz Faculty Teaching Award:
- Mary Peek, Principal Academic Professional, Chemistry and Biochemistry
- Emily Weigel, Senior Academic Professional, Biological Sciences
- Innovation in Co-Curricular Education Award:
- Pamela Pollet, Senior Research Scientist, Chemistry and Biochemistry and Eric Lewis, Literature Media and Communication
- Aselia Urmanbetova, Academic Professional, Economics
- Innovation and Excellence in Laboratory Instruction:
- Benjamin Galfond, Academic Professional, Chemical and Biomolecular Engineering
- Scholarship of Teaching and Learning Award:
- Todd Fernandez, Lecturer, Biomedical Engineering
- Teaching Excellence Award for Online Teaching:
- Joel Sokol, Professor, Industrial and Systems Engineering
- Undergraduate Educator Award:
- Adam Decker, Senior Academic Professional, Biological Sciences
Award winners were recognized at the Georgia Tech Faculty and Staff Honors Luncheon on April 21, 2023.
More information about each award is available on the CTL website. The packets for each winner will be posted to the CTL website later this summer.